Doctors, dentists, nurses, or other licensed health care practitioners living or practicing in Texas may register with the Library as an area health professional and have access to a wide variety of services including:
- Books and audio/visual materials
- Journals—print or electronic, in-house use at any of the UT Health Science Center Libraries
- Library computers (time limit)
- Online search service (fee)
- Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery*(fee)
- Photocopy and printing (fee)
- Proxy Borrowers
Due to licensing agreements and contracts, off-site access to electronic journals, books and databases is available only to currently employed or retired faculty and staff, and currently enrolled students.
*Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery are available for individuals requesting information for personal or academic research and may not be used by health professionals on behalf of law firms, corporations, or organizations.
Loan periods for circulating material
# of Renewals Allowed
- Create an account for book checkout and Interlibrary Loan services.
- Area health professionals may register in person at the Briscoe Library Circulation Desk or at the Laredo Regional Campus Library.
- A state-issued ID (current driver’s license or passport) and a copy of your Texas license to practice are required to register.
- Borrowing privileges are valid for one year from date of issue unless the license expires prior to that, and may be extended annually.
- Registration cannot be renewed until all fines and other obligations have been cleared.
Library Collection Use
Users may have up to 3 items checked out at any given time. Select library materials may be renewed in person or by calling the Circulation Desk at (210) 567-2440 or on the online catalog. Renewal will be denied if materials have reached their renewal limit, have been recalled, or are overdue.