Guidelines for Use of LIB 2.011 and the Collaboratory (LIB 4.074)
These guidelines are general and exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
The purpose of the Library’s classrooms is to support the programs and mission of the University.
Library classrooms are for the use of UT Health Science Center students, faculty and staff. The requestor must be affiliated with the UT Health Science Center, and the program must be sponsored by either a department or organization affiliated with the UT Health Science Center.
- Classrooms are reserved on a first come/first served basis. Reservations for the rooms are posted at the room entrances.
- To make a reservation, contact 210-567-2450 or email to AskaLibrarian@uthscsa.edu .
- Library classrooms may not be reserved more than 4 times per month, or for more than 20 hours per month, for a single course (or workshop/workshop series), or group meeting.
- Only LIB 2.011 and LIB 4.074 may be reserved with library staff. Other Library Classrooms on the 2nd floor of the Briscoe Library may be reserved with Scheduling and Facilities Data Management, (210) 567-2655.
- View photos of Library classrooms.
- LIB 2.011 is available for use Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, closed nights and weekends. When the room is not in use for a class, it is open for computing use by affiliated students, faculty and staff.
- Room LIB 2.011 may be reserved only for sessions requiring hands-on use of computers by participants. LIB 2.011 contains 25 participant computers with instructor station and projector.
- When requesting a reservation in LIB 2.011, please indicate whether the following will be needed:
- Instructor’s microphone
- Video-teleconferencing equipment (see note below)
- Special software (see note below).
- Dry Erase Markers—may be checked out at Circulation Desk
- Due to the high demand for LIB 2.011, a requestor will be asked for a Project ID to which a “no show” penalty of $50 will be billed, unless the reservation is canceled up to 24 (business) hours in advance.
The Collaboratory (LIB 4.074)
- The Collaboratory may be reserved by UT Health Science Center students, faculty and staff during regular library hours. The Collaboratory is open for study when it is not reserved for meetings or classes. Students may reserve the Collaboratory for large group study or meetings within the Group Study Room Guidelines.
- The room may be used as a meeting space.
- When requesting a Collaboratory reservation, please indicate whether the following will be needed:
- Smartboard (requires Collaboratory laptop with compatible software)
- Dry Erase Markers—may be checked out at Circulation Desk. Do not use any other type of markers.
- Instruction in use of the Smartboard and Electronic markerboard can be provided by appointment. Contact (210) 567-2450 or Askalibrarian@uthscsa.edu.
Downlink in LIB 2.011 must be pre-arranged by requestor directly with Videoconferencing Services, (210) 567-2214.
Special software may be requested to be installed in advance for classes in Room LIB 2.011. Special software may only be installed by Library staff. Special software requirements must be made known when the room is reserved. The Library will not purchase special software for classes; the requestor must own the software and have the license to have it installed on multiple computers. All software must be used in compliance with license agreements. Special software will be uninstalled after the conclusion of the class or workshop series. Complete the Software Installation Request form and return it to email@example.com.
Food and beverages
Only covered beverages are allowed in LIB 2.011. Covered beverages and limited food are allowed in the Collaboratory. Permission must be obtained in advance to serve food in this room. Library staff must be notified of any food deliveries and the approximate time of arrival. If University Dining caters the event, the main Library entrance may be used, although serving carts should be covered and the service elevator used to transport the carts to the classroom. Other caterers should use the service entrance (loading dock) on the Library’s south side. All food service items must be removed within 30 minutes after the end of the class. The requestor must make sure the all trash is disposed of in trash receptacles and that the room is returned to its original state. Please report spills immediately to Library staff.
If a scheduled class is canceled, the Library should be notified as soon as possible. For reservations in LIB 2.011, a “no show” penalty of $50 will billed, unless the reservation is canceled up to 24 hours in advance. Changes in times or dates will be accommodated when possible, although Library classrooms are heavily used and changes are not always feasible.