Any graduate of the five schools of the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio has access to a wide variety of library services and resources, including:
- Books and audio/visual materials
- Journals—print or electronic, in-house use at any of the UT Health Science Center Libraries
- In-house use of locally-licensed databases
- Library computers (daily time limit)
- Online search service (fee)
- Interlibrary loan (fee)
- Photocopy and printing (fee)
Due to licensing agreements and contracts, off-site access to electronic journals, books and databases is available only to currently employed faculty and staff, and currently enrolled students.
Loan periods for circulating material
# of Renewals Allowed
|Reserve materials (in-house use only)||
*When a Hold has been placed on an item, no further renewals will be accepted.
- Create an account for book checkout and Interlibrary Loan services.
- Alumni may register in person at the Briscoe Library Circulation Desk or at the Laredo Regional Campus Library. There is no registration fee for Health Science Center Alumni.
- A state-issued ID (current driver’s license or passport) are required to register. Staff will check alumni status against the UT Health Science Center databases.
- Registration must be renewed annually and may be renewed online or in person. Registration cannot be renewed until all fines and other obligations have been cleared.
Library Collection Use
Alumni may have up to 5 items checked out at any given time. Select library materials may be renewed in person or by calling the Circulation Desk at (210) 567-2440 or online through your borrower registration account. Renewal will be denied if materials have reached their renewal limit, have been recalled, or are overdue.