Retired UT Health Science Center faculty and staff have access to a wide variety of library services, including:
- Books and audio/visual materials
- Journals—print or electronic, in-house use at any of the UT Health Science Center Libraries
- Various locally-licensed databases
- Online search service (fee)
- Photocopy and printing (fee)
Loan periods for circulating material
# of Renewals Allowed
- Create an account for book checkout.
- Retirees may register in person at the Briscoe Library Circulation Desk or at the Ramirez or Laredo Regional Campus Libraries.
- A Retired UT Health Science Center Staff ID card and a state-issued ID (current driver’s license or passport) are required to register.
- Borrowing privileges do not expire.
- There is no registration fee.
Library Collection Use
Retirees may have up to 15 items checked out at any given time. Select library materials may be renewed in person or by calling the Circulation Desk at (210) 567-2440 or on the online catalog. Renewal will be denied if materials have reached their renewal limit, have been recalled, or are overdue.