Retired UT Health Science Center faculty and staff have access to a wide variety of library services, including:
- Books and audio/visual materials
- Journals—print or electronic, in-house use at any of the UT Health Science Center Libraries
- In-house use of locally-licensed databases
- Library computers
- Online search service (fee)
- Interlibrary loan
- Photocopy and printing (fee)
Due to licensing agreements and contracts, off-site access to electronic journals, books and databases is available only to currently employed faculty and staff, and currently enrolled students.
Loan periods for circulating material
# of Renewals Allowed
|Reserve materials (in-house use only)||
*When a Hold has been placed on an item, no further renewals will be accepted.
- Create an account for book checkout.
- Retirees may register in person at the Briscoe Library Circulation Desk or at the Laredo Regional Campus Library. There is no registration fee for Retirees.
- A Retired UT Health Science Center Staff ID card is required to register.
- Borrowing privileges do not expire.
Library Collection Use
Retirees may have up to 15 items checked out at any given time. Select library materials may be renewed in person or by calling the Circulation Desk at (210) 567-2440 or on the borrower registration account. Renewal will be denied if materials have reached their renewal limit, have been recalled, or are overdue.