- Due to limited availability, only UT Health Science Center (HSC) students, faculty, residents, and staff may use individual or group study rooms. Group study rooms (but not individual rooms) are available for reservation.
- Group Use Room Reservations can be made at any Service Desk in the Library or by phone at (210) 567-2440. Reservations may also be made electronically during the hours of 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. You may be asked for a form of identification (i.e., HSC ID, driver’s license) to verify your HSC status. When making a reservation, be prepared to give one other person’s name in order to ensure that you or someone else are responsible to arrive at the reserved start time (see number 3*). REMINDER: Do not send electronic reservations outside of the indicated time frame. Email and instant messaging (IM) are monitored only during On-Call Librarian/Information open hours. Visit UT HSC Library Get Help Page for email address and IM information.
- All rooms available for group use (two or more people) can be used on a scheduled or unscheduled basis, with scheduled group use taking priority. *Room reservations made for group use become void if only one member of the group shows up. A group may not make multiple room reservations for the same time period.
- Reservations are made for one time use only. Other rooms in the HSC are more appropriate for recurring classes or meetings and should be reserved through Scheduling & Facilities Data Management at (210) 567-2655 or email@example.com.
- Reservations for group study will be accepted two hours before the needed time up to two weeks in advance of when the room is needed.
- Reservations will only be held for thirty minutes after the scheduled start time. If the “group” has not arrived within the grace period, the room becomes available for unscheduled use. Refer to #3.
- The Library is not responsible for unattended personal items.
- Requests for room use assistance and/or user verification should be directed to Library Staff on the 3rd floor.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to reserve a room for any group or individual who abuses the facilities or policies.