Computers are available for current affiliates and library visitors. Access and availability vary by location.
- Current students, faculty, and staff have unlimited use during business hours
- Library guests are limited to one hour per day
All computer use is governed by the Computer Use Policy.
- Briscoe Library (San Antonio): visitors must sign in and present valid ID at the Circulation Desk for a guest computer access code. Visitor computers are located only on the 3rd floor and access is restricted to one hour per day. Time may be extended on a case by case basis if the user is researching health related topics.
- Ramirez Library (Harlingen): visitors must sign in and present valid ID at the Information Desk for a guest computer access code. Visitor computers are located near the library entrance and access is restricted to one hour per day. Time may be extended on a case by case basis if the user is researching health related topics.
- Laredo Library: visitors must register with UT Police before using the library. The UT Police sub-station is located in the D.D. Hachar Building room 1.200. Once a visitor has registered with police they are asked to sign in at the circulation desk upon entering the library.
Frequently Asked Questions
What software is available on library computers?
- At Briscoe: All computers have Microsoft Office and internet access. A limited number of computers at Pod D have flatbed scanners with either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements available. Adobe Professional is available at two of the scanner computers. SPSS and SAS are also installed at Pod D for use by UT Health Science Center affiliates. In the visitor computer area, one flatbed scanner is available with Photoshop Elements.
- At Ramirez: All computers have Microsoft Office and internet access. Two computers at Pods 1 & 5 have flatbed scanners with either Adobe Professional or Photoshop available.
- At Laredo: All computers have Microsoft Office and internet access. One scanner is available.
What username and password do I use to log in to library computers?
UT Health Science Center faculty, staff, and students will use their UTHSCSA Domain Password. These credentials are the same ones currently used to log in to other campus systems, including the inside.uthscsa.edu portal, the HSCAir wireless network, the Knowledge Center training system, and Blackboard.
Visitors will use guest computer access codes. See the Library Visitor section for details.
What if I don’t remember my password?
You can reset your password one of two ways:
- Visit https://pwr.uthscsa.edu if you previously set up your account for self-service password reset
- Bring your HSC badge to the IM Client Support Service Desk in MED 411L (San Antonio only)
More details and directions for affiliates in Harlingen and Laredo are available here.
What do I do when I’m finished using a library computer?
For your security, it is important that you Log Off or Restart the computer when finished. You are responsible for any computer use or misuse that occurs under your login. On Windows computers, you can log off by clicking the “Start” button in the lower left and then selecting “Log Off”, and then clicking OK to confirm.
Do you have wireless internet?
All campuses have wireless available to current affiliates with a UTHSCSA Domain Password. Wireless is not available to visitors, but Briscoe and Ramirez have a limited number of network lines available for guest laptop users.