All UT Health Science Center Libraries materials may be found using the Library Catalog. The catalog is the default search option from the library homepage. Additional searching options, including an advanced search, is located by clicking the Full Catalog Options link.
- Keyword search (the default) searches authors, editors, series titles, title words, and subject words
- Search terms may be combined with and, or, and not
- The default keyword search is and
- renal failure finds the same items as renal and failure
- To search for a phrase, use quotation marks
- example: “renal failure”
- Words may be truncated with an asterisk
- orthopedic* will find orthopedic or orthopedics
- The advanced search allows limitation of specific library, format, and years of publication
If your results list more than one item, you will see a list of results. By default, results are sorted by relevance to the search but you can change the sorting option by date or title also.
This view includes complete bibliographic information as well as location and status of the item.
Things to remember
If you need help finding library materials, contact the Information Desk. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (210) 567-2450, or come by the library.
To login from off campus, use your badge number and PIN. Give the library a call if you encounter any problems or errors with the log in process.