The Libraries and the Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics have selected Dr. Pauline Chen’s Final Exam: A Surgeon’s Reflections on Mortality for our 2009 campus and community reading program.
Copies of Final Exam are available at any UT Health Science Center Library at call number WZ 100C518F 2007 or in the Health Science Center Bookstore for 25% off.
Working in partnership with the University Transplant Center, with support from the South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Texas Nurses Association District 8, and nursing sorority Sigma Theta Tau – Delta Alpha, and other community partners, One Community/One Book will reach out to involve local health care professionals both on and beyond the campus in multiple book discussion opportunities leading up to Pauline Chen’s talk, which will occur at noon on September 25, 2009.
- The Author
- The Book
- Calendar of Events
- Resources for Discussion Group Leaders
- See Who’s Reading Final Exam
How can you get involved?
- Read Final Exam by Pauline Chen
- Participate in discussion groups to further explore issues presented in the book
- See Pauline Chen speak about her book on September 25 at 12 noon in the HSC Auditorium
Dr. Chen’s reading on September 25th will be telecast to the following locations:
- RAHC in Harlingen Room 1.100
- South Texas Research Park Room 1.120
- Laredo Library Room 1.101.7
- Allied Health Room 4.102