- Free Internet Point of Care CME credit
The Point of Care CME option is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education. It focuses on structured, online learning. Physicians may earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for each search conducted through MD Consult. Certificates are available immediately, and each user has access to a transcript of credits earned through MD Consult.
Cyberounds® are interactive grand rounds moderated by distinguished academics, exclusively for physicians, medical students, and other selected health professionals. Conferences are administered by the Cyberounds® committee at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. New presentations are uploaded regularly. Members then have the opportunity to pose questions and comments directly to the moderators or guest authors. Previous conferences are archived and available for review. Free CME is granted for the first 5 conferences submitted through MD Consult. If you are interested in additional credit for interactive grand rounds, you can create a separate, fee-based account through Cyberounds.
Searchable access to full text books, journals, medical images, and the popular “Clinics” series that are part of MD Consult is available to all Health Science Center affiliated personnel and students. Some features, including the CME option do require setting up a personal account, but the set-up is easy, fast, and free.
To take advantage of the CME opportunities offered through MD Consult:
- Link to MD Consult through the library’s website.
- Click on Create Account in the upper right corner of the main MD Consult screen.
- Create your personal account (this must be done from a computer within the institutional IP range but the account can be used from any location after it is created).
- Click on the CME tab to read the instructions for earning CME.
Linda Levy, Assistant Library Director for Branch Libraries and Database Services