Use these resources to plan and develop a poster presentation for class, conferences and meetings.
A regularly offered library class on Creating and Presenting Effective Poster Sessions is a great option when you are thinking about improving your poster making skills. This class can be requested for courses or departments. Contact Briscoe Library Information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-567-2450 to request a special presentation.
Campus Poster Printing
- UT Health Science Center UT Print Information and Templates
Poster Presentation Resources
- Better Posters Blog: super before and after poster designs
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations by George R. Hess, NC State University & Leon H. Liegel, Oregon State University (Authors Page)
- Poster Presentation of Research Work by M.T. Tham, Dept. of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation from PLoS Computational Biology 3(5): e102
Look at a wide variety of posters to decide what you like and don’t like!
- ePosters.net: Online Journal of Scientific Posters
- F1000 Posters: Open Access Poster Repository for Biology & Medicine
- Flickr Poster Sessions: see photographs of poster sessions presented worldwide
- BioMed Central: Writing Titles and Abstracts
- CONSORT: transparent abstracts as a key to research
- Medical Library Association: Structured Abstract
- NIH: What is a Structured Abstract?
Learn More – Slides on Poster Presentations
- Creating and Presenting Effective Poster Sessions (to see the complete slide set, attend a poster class!)
- Writing a Structured Research Abstract