Use these resources to plan and develop a poster presentation for class, conferences and meetings.
A regularly offered library class on Creating and Presenting Effective Poster Sessions is a great option when you are thinking about improving your poster making skills. This class can be requested for courses or departments. Contact Katie Prentice, MSIS, Head of Education and Information Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210) 567-6606 to request a special presentation.
Campus Poster Printing
- UT Health Science Center UT Print Information and Templates
Poster Presentation Resources
- Better Posters Blog: super before and after poster designs
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations by George R. Hess, NC State University & Leon H. Liegel, Oregon State University (Authors Page)
- Poster Presentation of Research Work by M.T. Tham, Dept. of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation from PLoS Computational Biology 3(5): e102
Look at a wide variety of posters to decide what you like and don’t like!
- ePosters.net: Online Journal of Scientific Posters
- F1000 Posters: Open Access Poster Repository for Biology & Medicine
- Flickr Poster Sessions: see photographs of poster sessions presented worldwide
- BioMed Central: Writing Titles and Abstracts
- CONSORT: transparent abstracts as a key to research
- Medical Library Association: Structured Abstract
- NIH: What is a Structured Abstract?
Learn More – Slides on Poster Presentations
- Creating and Presenting Effective Poster Sessions (to see the complete slide set, attend a poster class!)
- Writing a Structured Research Abstract