Office Phone: 210-567-2414
Emergency Contact Information is on the Staff Intranet (not publicly available).
Regular Duties related to Disaster Planning
- Maintains an inventory of the library collections (primarily using the OPAC)
- Identifies specific priority collections to be saved or recovered first
During and After a Disaster
- Supervises the staff and volunteers during collection recovery efforts
- Assesses damage to the collections; works with Department of Environmental Safety and Health to determine if a mold assessment of the affected collections is necessary
- Advises Executive Director on the extent of the damage to the collections
- Locates specific priority collections to be saved or recovered first. Determines which parts of the damaged collection are not worth recovery efforts.
- Advises Executive Director on the need for a recovery company
- Determines which items can be recovered in-house and which need to be sent out for recovery. Maintains contact with recovery company until the materials are returned.
- Supervises in-house cleaning and drying efforts
- Supervises the processing of all damaged materials
- Trains staff and volunteers, if applicable
- Prepares a written report of the recovery and/or relocation activities
Back to Library Disaster Team list.
Tags: Disaster Plan