Office Phone: 210-567-2430
Emergency Contact Information is on the Staff Intranet (not publicly available).
Regular Duties related to Disaster Planning
- Calls regular meetings of the Disaster Team throughout the year
- Ensures the disaster plan is updated annually or as needed
- Maintains an emergency telephone and email contact list so that employees and other appropriate people are notified quickly after disaster strikes
- Ensures that library staff are registered to receive HSC Alerts
- Coordinates with Executive Director to work with the Department of Environmental Health and Safety and UT Police to ensure Library is in consistent compliance with broader disaster management policies
- Establishes and maintains relationships with recovery companies
During and After a Disaster
- Consults with Executive Director regarding building closure; follows guidelines in the Business Continuity Plan
- Notifies division heads and disaster team members of imminent danger or building closure (begins the telephone tree process)
- Ensures a recording is made on the main line, 567-2400, stating the Library is closed and providing other pertinent information
- Establishes a command center and delegates staff assignments as needed
- Contacts Office of the President, External Affairs with library-related announcements, including library closure and reopening. Does not contact media directly.
- Ensures that library closure and reopening announcements are posted on website and in other media by Web Team
- Works with Administration, Circulation, On-Call Librarian Services and Interlibrary Loan to ensure that voicemail recordings are changed to reflect current hours of service and contact information.
- Oversees overall management of recovery and salvage operations
- Supervises delivery and installation of equipment needed in recovery efforts
- Assesses and records damage with other disaster team members
- Identifies storage space for priority recovery list items
- Receives reports from disaster team members
- Prepares a post-disaster report
Back to Library Disaster Team list.
Tags: Disaster Plan