The newest version of EndNote is scheduled to be released in August 2012.
According to EndNote, new X6 features include:
- Sync your EndNote and EndNote Web libraries so all references, attachments, and groups in one can be accessed from the other
- Track references and find your favorites with new rating and status tools
- See more with the expanded layout options to make better use of your screen
- Email a reference, including file and figure attachments, to your colleagues with one click
- Use the new PubMed direct export format to import records in fewer steps
- Manage medical journal names and abbreviations with the updated terms list covering over 13,000 journals
To decide if you need to upgrade, consult EndNote’s features comparison [PDF] chart.
Recent purchasers of EndNote may be eligible for a discounted or free upgrade directly from EndNote depending on when the recent purchase was made. University of Texas System affiliates may also choose to purchase discounted software online through HiEd once EndNote X6 is released.