Now, if you register through the library, you can obtain access to the full text of dozens of medical reference books for free from one single mobile app: Stat!Ref Mobile for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry. Here’s how:
- Download and install the app using the following links:
- Log into the UT Health Science Center Libraries’ subscription to Stat!Ref, either on-campus or off-campus.
- In the upper right area of the Stat!Ref main page, click “Your Preferences”.
- Log in using your Stat!Ref Preferences username and password; if you have not yet created a Stat!Ref Preferences account, fill out the form to create one.
- Once you have created your Stat!Ref Preferences account, click on the “Temporary Login Account” tab.
- Click the “Activate/Renew” button to get access to Stat!Ref Mobile for three months.
- Open the app on your mobile device, and log in using the username and password you created or used in step 4 above.
- Explore Stat!Ref Mobile! Your access is good for 3 months, after which you can repeat steps 2-7 above to renew your access.
Stat!Ref Mobile gives you on-the-go access to a wide variety of titles, including:
- ACP PIER (Physicians’ Information and Education Resource)
- APhA DRUGInfoLINE
- CPT 2012
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis & Therapy
- Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
- Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
…as well as key titles in specialties such as dermatology, emergency medicine, family medicine, geriatrics, nursing, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, surgery, and more.