Some of our most common questions here at the library have to do with the Portable Document Format, better known as PDF. Our students, faculty and staff work with so many PDF documents — journal articles, ebooks, forms, syllabi, class notes, and much more — that they’re an essential part of the library’s daily life.
So over the next few weeks or months we want to share with you some of the free (or low-cost) tools and tricks that we have discovered that can help you work with PDFs more effectively and successfully. The series of website posts will include the following topics:
- Annotating & notetaking on PDFs
- Creating PDFs & converting documents to/from PDF
- Managing & organizing PDFs
- Splitting, combining & rearranging pages of PDFs
- Locking, unlocking, and digitally signing PDFs
- Extracting and editing text from PDFs
- Viewing and embedding PDFs on the web (without viewer software)
Please let us know if there are any other topics or questions that you’d like us to cover.