This service provides delivery of articles or books that are not in our collection by requesting item(s) from another library. Copy and delivery limitations may apply due to publisher license restrictions. Requesters will be contacted if request cannot be completed due to these restrictions.
What type of materials are available through ILL?
- Copies of articles from journals and book chapters (as permitted by copyright laws)
- Circulating copies of books, dissertations, audiovisuals, and other materials
- Items that are at the bindery or are identified as missing from our collection
This service is not applicable for items that are currently checked out or have been placed On Hold by other library users.
Who can use ILL services?
- UT Health Science Center Affiliates (students, staff, faculty, residents, and post-docs) and University Health System staff
- Retired UT Health Science Center Faculty and Staff—must be registered with the Libraries
- UT Health Science Center Alumni who are registered as Health Professionals currently licensed to practice in the region served by the Libraries
- Licensed Area Health Professionals registered with the Libraries, who request materials for personal or academic research.
ILL services are not available to:
- Alumni of the UT Health Science Center unless they are registered with the libraries as Health Professionals licensed to practice in the local region.
- Health professionals making requests on behalf of corporations, including law firms, or organizations.
- Community users or Courtesy Borrowers
These groups should contact their affiliated academic, hospital or public library in order to obtain books and articles.