Executive Director of Libraries
Areas of Expertise
- collection development, electronic journals, outreach
- Distinguished Member, Academy of Health Information Professionals
- Medical Library Association
- American Library Association
- South Central Chapter/Medical Library Association
- Texas Library Association
- A.M.L.S., University of Michigan School of Library Science, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1975
- B.A., Michigan State University, English major, East Lansing, Michigan, 1973
- Bowden VM, Kromer ME, Tobia RC. Assessment of physicians’ information needs in five Texas counties. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1994;82:189-196.
- Bowden VM, Kromer ME, Tobia RC. Medical Information Availability and Usage in South Texas. Final Report (National Library of Medicine Contract N01-LM-6-3505), August 31, 1991.
- Tobia RC, Bierschenk NF, Knodel LC, et al. Improving access to computer-based library and drug information services in patient care areas. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 1990;47:137-42.
- Bowden VM, Tobia RC. miniMEDLINE: comment (letter). Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1986;74:165-66.
- Tobia RC. Clinical librarianship at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Library. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1984;3:1-4.
- Tobia RC, Kronick DA, Harris GD. A clinical information consultation service in a teaching hospital setting. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1983;71:396-99.
- Tobia RC, Dwyer MJ, Reyna G, Bowden VM. Medical library services along the Texas-Mexico Border. Presented paper, National AHEC Workshop, San Antonio, TX, August 13, 1997.
- Tobia RC, Siegel LS, Lawrence JC, Knott ME. Loan Star Outreach: introducing health professionals and public librarians to Grateful Med. Poster session, Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, May 17, 1994.
- Tobia RC. Future of Reference III: what are the public services issues facing medical libraries. Invited presentations, University of Texas at Austin, General Libraries, Future of Reference III Program, Austin, TX, March 1, 1990.
- Tobia RC, Bierschenk NF. LIS/DIS: using CD-ROM with LIS to expand information services. Poster session, American Library Association Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, June 25, 1989.
- Tobia RC, Willcox SM, Knodel LC, et al. LIS/DIS: linking the library, drug information and patient care. Paper presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 24, 1988.
- Tobia RC. Impact of the online catalog on public services. Invited presentation at the Health Sciences OCLC Users Group Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, April 17, 1986.
- Tobia RC. What has been published? The literature review. Invited presentation at the American Academy of Family Physicians, Regional Research Workshop, San Antonio, TX, May 14, 1982.
- Tobia RC. Managing the small hospital library. Workshop, Holy Cross Hospital, Austin, TX, February 12, 1981.