SCOPUS is an abstract database containing records from peer review titles in the medical, scientific, technical, and social science literature. Full-text patent information is also included. More than half of the journal titles in Scopus are from countries other than the United States and include both journals that are unique to MEDLINE and journals that are unique to EMBASE, the European biomedical database that is particularly strong in drug information.
- Over 20,500 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide
- Contains 49 million records
- Provides 100% Medline coverage
Within the 49 million records are:
- 28 million records back to 1996 (of which 78%include citing and cited references)
- 21 million records pre-1996 which go back as far as 1823 (these do not include cited references)
- 5.3 million conference papers from proceedings and journals