This section of the instructions applies to Mac OSX 10.6 “Snow Leopard” only.
To install Popup 8.0 for Mac OS X, obtain the Popup installer and run it as follows:
- Log in using an adminsistrator account.
- Download the file Pharos Download to your desktop.
- Double click the download, unzip the file, and this will create a file called Popup.dmg.
- Double click Popup.dmg, and a new window will open. Double click Popup.pkg that appears in the new window.
- After you have double clicked Popup.pkg you will run through a series of promps; accept the terms of services, select the default destination, and allow the installation.
- Now the Pharos Popup will now be automatically launched every time you log in.
- Open System Preferences and click on Print & Fax icon
- After selecting the Print & Fax icon select the + icon located on the left hand side of the dialog box. If you receive an error message, make sure that your lock located on the bottom of the dialog box is unlocked. If your lock is not unlocked select the lock and log in as the computers administrator.
- Hold down the Control key on the keyboard and click anywhere on the toolbar. From the popup menu that appears, select Customize Toolbar
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar and close the customization dialog.
Black and White Printer Instructions
- After you have selected add a printer, and selected advanced, you will be brought to the advanced prompt. You will need to enter the following information to properly access the printer:
Type: Pharos Print Server
Device: Another Device
Name: Black and White
Print Using: Use the dropdown and pick the Select Printer Software…
- A second popup window will appear. Use the search box to find the correct printer software to associate with the black and white printer: HP LasJet 9000 Series
- You are given the ability to install printer options. Do not select any options, and hit continue.
- You have now successfully added the libraries black and white printer.
Color Printer Instructions
- The color printer instructions are essentially the same, however, you must replace the first step with the appropriate infromation:
Type: Pharos Printer Server
Device: Another Device
- The printer that you will search for using the Select Printer Software… is an HP CP3525
- Finally, to check and make sure that your computer is connecting to the computers make sure that you have green dots by the printers in the Print & Fax section of System Preferences.