At the UT Health Science Center Libraries we strive to provide our users with seamless access to library services, whether from on campus or from home. If you are new to the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, there are some things that can help you get started using the libraries in San Antonio (Briscoe Library, Texas Research Park and University Health Center-Downtown Library), Harlingen (Ramirez Library) and Laredo (Regional Campus Library):
- The Web site for The Libraries provides information about hours, policies and contact information for the Briscoe Library and branch libraries (http://www.library.uthscsa.edu/about/). You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Faculty, staff and students must register to use services and connect to online resources from off campus using the Borrower Registration or Renewal Form (http://www.library.uthscsa.edu/using/borrower.pdf). Students must renew their library registration annually.
- The Libraries have extensive print and online collections of books and journals. Library services include circulation and reserves, reference and research assistance, instruction in use of databases and bibliographic management software, expert database searches and consultations, interlibrary loan, community outreach, help with using library printers, copiers and scanners, and support for using resources for mobile devices.
- The Briscoe Library on the Long Campus, has over 100 computers located on four floors, including 25 in the library computer classroom. UT Health Science Center computer users at the Briscoe Library log on using their UTHSCSA domain account at computers with the neon pink tags; guests log on at computers with green tags and are limited to one hour per day. Please read our Computer Use Policy (http://www.library.uthscsa.edu/about/computeruse.cfm).
- Procedures for guest access to computers may vary at branch libraries.
- We strive to make the libraries welcoming places to study. Food and covered drinks are permitted. Wireless laptop use is available throughout all the libraries, and we provide electrical outlets and data lines wherever possible. Study areas include open seating, individual study rooms, (first come first served), and group study rooms, (may be reserved for two or more UTHSC affiliates). At the Briscoe Library, reservations are made at the Circulation or Information Desks, or contact us at AskaLibrarian@uthscsa.edu or 210-567-2440. Study room reservations must include the names of two persons who will use the room. Contact the branch libraries to make reservations at those locations.
- New classrooms on the 2nd floor of the Briscoe Library building are available for 24/7 study.
- Major construction has been completed at the Briscoe Library; however, there is always a need for repairs and remodeling in a 27 year-old building. We will do our best to avoid or suspend construction before exam or test periods.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the UT Health Science Center libraries or in your classroom or office, and we hope you will feel free to ask questions and provide feedback on our services, collections and space.
Director of Briscoe Library Services