Resource Trial: PolicyMap
The library is currently running a trial of PolicyMap through March 10th, 2024.
What is PolicyMap?
An online (no software installation needed) U.S. national data and mapping tool and analytics platform with multidisciplinary applications for college students and faculty. Undergraduate and graduate schools use us in their curriculum and research related to social sciences, urban studies, real estate and housing analysis, community and economic development, public administration, public health, policy and political science, education, business, economics, statistics, and geography, among others. Users can leverage thousands of U.S. data indicators in PolicyMap to perform demographic and socioeconomic analysis, from a neighborhood census block group in many cases up to a national level, as well as create custom regions for their research and studies.
- Easily create high-quality maps.
- Use our unlimited self-service data loader to overlay your address-level data on top of PolicyMap data. Download our data for your research, mapping, and presentation tools such as Tableau, or
- integrate data into SQL, R, Python, and more workflows.
- Instantly run community profiles or community health reports for any area
- Analyze any community with multi-layer maps to identify hot spots or gaps
Look for Blog Posts, Customer Stories, sample Maps, Tables, and Reports:
- Access the curated collection related to Social Determinants of Health
- Our Blog features stories on Mapping Consumer Spending Habits, Internet Access Disparities, the Social Drivers of Health, and more!
- Visit PolicyMap Support for tutorials, training videos, and the training calendar.
- A complete list of our data related to Demographics, Incomes and Spending, Housing, Lending, Quality of Life, Economy, Education, and Health can be found here.